7 Deadly Sins: Pride

This past year our studio had the pleasure of working with 7 amazing women who had an idea to come together and do a "7 Deadly Sins" Shoot. The ladies wanted to incorporate the infamous 7 Deadly Sins as an art piece, and also as an awareness piece, with each sin touching on issues women face daily. We were able to create some incredible images, and each "Sin" also wrote something they felt added meaning and depth to the images. Hair & Make-up was done by the always amazing Katt Panic Makeup Artistry!

Pride

Pride: A feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.

I felt that to represent pride as my sin was best suited for me. Throughout the ages, women have been made to feel shame to have pride in their accomplishments. To say that to have pride is sinful, in my opinion, is incorrect.

I feel that women should feel pride! We should celebrate pride! Without my pride I don't think I would be where I am in my life. In my life, I have overcome several obstacles and I am very proud of where I am today.

To share a bit about me, in the same year, I was diagnosed with Lupus and was in a horrible burn accident. Not only did I almost lose a leg, but I also almost lost my life. I am so very proud of myself for beating the odds by being here, not losing my leg, and I can walk. I did that. I am proud!

To all women out there that are embarrassed or feel shamed for their pride; don't ever let anyone make you feel less than you should. You are in charge! Be proud, and build each other up! We look to each other for encouragement, and I am proud to provide some.

Much love to all of my proud and prideful sisters!











Stay tuned for the next 6 Sins we are so excited to feature!! Lust, Sloth, Greed, Wrath, Envy & Gluttony!

If you've got a cool idea for a session and would like to inquire, please contact us at: kpphotoblog@gmail.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

About