Miss S's Beautiful You Challenge Boudoir, Lethbridge, AB

This past spring I went through somewhat of a midlife crisis, and I really wasn't sure what direction I wanted to head in with my boudoir business. We all go through it, not sure if we should go this way or that way, or continue doing what we're doing, or if what we're doing really matters. From that emotion was born the idea for the Beautiful You Challenge (thank you to Katt Panic for helping me come up with this idea!). The idea of the challenge was to help my client's in a deeper way than just photographing them in one day and changing their lives for that moment, I wanted to actually impact them before their session, and empower them to feel beautiful from the inside out

So I created a 4 week challenge that they would complete before their boudoir session. Some of the challenges were to reflect inside on their past, some challenges were looking forward to where they wanted to go with their lives and how to steer a course for that destination, and others were focused on today and living in the present moment and embracing who they are now. It was truly a beautiful experience and I was able to know my Beautiful You clients on a deeper level and really experience their struggles, and even better, help them through some of them. It was revolutionary for me! 

Miss S was one of those clients, and getting to know her more intimately before her session made our session together that much more exciting, fun and enjoyable! I swear we just laughed the whole time, although we did have our serious moments as well. I really loved this challenge because it brought another aspect to the boudoir session that never existed before, and it truly impacted me as much as it impacted all of my clients! I will for sure be holding another Beautiful You Challenge this coming Spring 2017, so if you think this is something you'd be interested in participating in please contact me to get on the waiting list!

From Miss S on Day 1 of the Beautiful You Challenge:

"I hope to gain confidence in who I am as a woman. Not because of how others see me, but in how I see myself. I have never had "weight" issues but I've had an over critical mother who has always needed to point out my flaws. She never meant to she just has no filter. I've talked to her about this and forgiven her for it but now when I look in the mirror its all I see is those flaws..
I'm pretty excited about getting some confidence and just having fun. I'm nervous about actually seeing the pictures. Its probably like most girls. I can find the flaws in anything. I just hope that this challenge will help improve my self worth. Which is something I need."

From Miss S on the last day of the challenge, after her boudoir shoot:

"I feel like I have more confidence now after completing the Beautiful You Challenge. Everyone is beautiful in their own way and it pays to say something nice to yourself, or go into a place with a good attitude. Respect yourself and others will respect you as well. My boudoir session was soo much fun. I thought I was going to be super uncomfortable but you made it the best experience ever with tips and tricks to make me look good for the pictures, which came out awesome. :)  Having Katt do my hair and Makeup in the morning was super fun as well. Love that I got the lesson and now can do my makeup much better then before this challenge. I really enjoyed the "life lessons" and the way this made me feel. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of it!"





Hair & Makeup by Katt Panic Makeup Artistry

Have you ever thought about doing a boudoir session? Contact me today for more details and to start planning your session!
Email at: kpphotoblog@gmail.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

About