Let's Talk Tuesday!

When I first started in photography (over 5 years ago) I was as green as they come. I was the friend who had a nice camera and knew how to use it, and ended up shooting a wedding in exchange for dinner at the reception and unlimited drink tickets (ask me how that went ha-ha!). But fast-forward five years later and that moment completely changed my life. Photography is what I do now. That's it. That's ALL I do and I love every minute of it. How many people can really say that? I'm betting not a lot, but I'm also guessing that a lot of you would like to be able to say that, so I started Let's Talk Tuesday.

What is it?

I like friends, and I especially like friends who like what I do, so when I embarked on becoming the number one choice for boudoir photographer in Southern Alberta, I emailed everyone in the photography industry here in sunny Lethbridge, AB. I wanted their advice, their opinions, their help, their friendship. Who emailed me back? Not a single person, save for one, many months later. You know how they throw the kids in that movie 300 into the wilderness to toughen them up, and teach them how to stand on their own, and then when they're ready they come back to be warriors? That's what the beginning of my photography career was like. I was completely on my own, and had to figure it out.

Boy what I wouldn't have given to have someone to even talk to about my passion, or about how to run a business (of which I had no clue) or who my market is (what's a market?), or how to find those people (where do they exist?), or mistakes to avoid (of which there were plenty). Enter my lovely friend Kim of Kimberly A. Photography.



When Kim said she wanted to be a photographer, she didn't have a lot of support from her friends and family, and when she asked for my help I jumped at the chance! I realized how much I loved talking about all the aspects of photography, and running a business, and all the things that go with that, and how much I wished I would've had that at the beginning! So I knew then that I wanted to offer that support to all people out there looking to start a business and having no clue where to begin, or in the midst of running one, but maybe it needs an oil change, or just looking to make new friends and enlarge their network of other small business owners.

If this sounds like you, come join us tonight, March 11th, at the Penny Coffee House (331 5th Street South) at 7:30PM to make some new friends, talk business, and have a good time :)



I'll instagram (@katiepahara) a photo of us so you know what we look like, can't wait to see you!

Chow for now!

Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

About